Wednesday, August 26, 2020

My Freedom of Speech

If we hide behind our fears and allow, let’s call it for what it is, domestic terrorists to control us....they will win. The majority of the people are not for what’s happening. It is hard to stand up for what’s right. Especially nowadays when everything you do is scrutinized. People have lost friends and jobs because of the crisis we are undergoing. Freedom of speech, if spoken in a manner that’s not degrading or disrespectful to any person, should not be something that we are punished for. And nobody else should be allowed to interfere with someone's life both professionally and personally if they disagree. Right now I’m exerting my freedom of speech rights by speaking what’s on my mind and whether people disagree or agree, my goal is not to create discord. I simply am stating that we are allowing this to happen as a nation and I really wish there something we could do collectively to put a stop to this. Most of you know me and what kind of person I am and you know I have a lot of love for everybody regardless of who they are. Just remember this when you are afraid to speak up and protect your rights, the cowardly feed on fear and anybody that pushes and terrorizes another person is a coward to me. If you push back and they will eventually stop, but push back with respect and love whether it is deserved or not. You are showing that you will not stoop to their level. They’re just big bullies plain and simple. Think of how you deal with bullies in real life, some of them just need to be put in their place. And the sad thing about a lot of this is that there’s so much brainwashing going on with social media and the media itself. Do not feed into that crowd mentality, do not believe everything that is posted and do not assume you know everything about a situation. If you were not there, you do not know anything. I'm tired of living in fear of saying what I'm thinking. I even created a private group so I could speak my mind. I've decided I do not care anymore. I'm more than happy to clear out my profile of people that do not have any respect for other's opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment