Monday, September 21, 2020

Inspiration

Let me tell you a little story.....About 4 years ago I met this group, the Mickey Utley Band.  The first year hanging out with the band when they made the West Coast shows in Vegas and Laughlin, I was very shy and introverted.  One night, it was like my mind just opened up to the wonder of information that was flowing through me.  It had to do with the lead singer, Mickey Utley.  This man pushed me so far out of my comfort zone that I found myself writing again and driven to learn more about my trade, I finally felt  like I had a story to tell with my Photography.

This Southern gentleman has a heart of gold and smooth voice, he knows what people want to hear.   The connection he makes with each of his fans is incredible and inspiring.  Drawing inspiration from how we worked together during shoots and interviews, I started flourishing.  For the first time since my husband died, I felt that I would actually be OK now.  My confidence grew and my admiration for Mickey and his entire band grew as well.  Friendships were made and I adore them all. 

This picture here says so much to me.  When working I felt encouraged and like I was part of the team.  This is Mickey's charm, his ability to speak to you and entertain you with his amazing voice.  True Southern gentleman. 

This is Mickey Utley of the Mickey Utley Band.

www.mickeyutleyband.com



2 comments:

  1. He definitely connects with his audience and he is a wonderful guy.. We love him and his band... Lisa you are an awesome photographer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, IT was such a great privilege to finally meet you face to face when I played with the Mickey Utley Band in Las Vegas ! We were already facebook fiends and it was such a privilege to finally meet you face to face !! We all ready had a bond but when we were able to interact with each other our bond grew so much stronger !! The very BEST photo that I have ever had taken in my life is the black and white one where I had no idea that you were even taking photos of me. It is the one where it is close up and I have my tambourine up by my face and I am looking sideways. This shows exactly who I am. i have seen your other photos and you are the BEST photographer that I have ever met !!!Love ya and hope to see you soon !!!

    ReplyDelete