Friday, July 2, 2021

On the Road June 28th

On June 28 we left for our trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  The drive became beautiful once we hit Mesquite, Nevada.  What seemed crazy to me was that we started in Arizona, went through Nevada and then hit Arizona again before crossing to Utah.    Beautiful terrain it was so I am so grateful to have been able to see it.  

We got to Salt Lake City, Motel 6 to check in.   This motel was located in center of Salt Lake City, Utah.  When we pulled into the driveway we noticed the chain link fence around it.  I thought it was weird at first but I didn't want to seem a snob or lose out on my $70.00.  Since we were there, I didn't think I was allowed to cancel. So we went in and checked in.  Everyone seemed very nice, I paid my $70.00 cash.  I wanted to not use a credit card there since it was kind of sketchy.

We walked into the room and I was disgusted.  By the trash can there looked to be a urine stain on the wall, and it certainly smelled like it.  The bed was only a full and the bedspread was stained, ripped and had cigarette burn holes in it.  The whole room just reeked and the bathroom no better.  Ok, I have a blanket so we sprayed the mattress and area with bed bug spray just in case.  Still didn't want to be a snob so we decided to go shopping at Kohl's.

Got to Kohl's and I could not focus on shopping, the more I thought about that place the more I felt anxious.  We left Kohl's and I contacted Hotels.com to see if I could cancel. I did but when I got to the Motel to give the guy back his keys, he did not return my money.  What the hell?  Ugh.  So as we are backing up to leave I told Johnna to get some video or pictures of the homeless encampment against he fence.   As we are driving to the right of us is a pimp and prostitute, no mistaking that. She was a bit heated and then handed him some money.  I'm like "OMG" and as I came full circle to the right of us was a guy leaning against the wall smoking something.  What the actual Hell?

We got out of their fast and on our way out I made a wrong turn and ended up going around the block, wall-to-wall homeless people and tents lined the sidewalk.  Then we saw some of the people in the hotel mingling with the people on the streets. No judgement on my part, but the whole prostitution and drug activity going on, we hightailed it out of there.

We drove until we saw a sign for Comfort Inn Suites.  I got out to see if they had a room, told the girl my story and we got our room. She must have felt badly for us because when we opened the door to our room, it was a suite.  We got settled in and went out for Chinese Food!

All in all, it was an eventful first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment