Friday, July 2, 2021

On The Road Day 2 - June 29th

Waking up at the Comfort Inn Suites the next day was refreshing. We slept in a little bit before grabbing some breakfast items and coffee.  Stopped at Starbucks for more coffee because you know me, coffee snob.  Just was happy to put Salt Lake City behind us.

The drive we had ahead of us was only about 4 hours and 45 minutes long, easy compared to the almost 8 hours the day before.  The drive through Utah, Idaho and finally Wyoming was absolutely breathtaking. I could not believe it was real.  It was so beautiful that I had to turn off the radio because I did not want the music to tarnish the creation that was laid out before my eyes.  Surely it wasn't real, God definitely put his imprint on the land there.  The whole ride all we could do was sigh and comment on the beauty around us. On the way we did find a group of goats hanging out in someone's front yard and a beautiful little deer drinking out of a stream.  

Getting into Jackson Hole, Wyoming was another story.  I have never seen such a tiny town filled with so many people.  It was absolutely adorable the town though so I was super excited to get checked in, cleaned up so we could explore and meet up with Mickey and the band. 

We checked in at the Anvil Hotel to get to our Hostel, The Cache House.  The hardest part was finding a parking spot and we ended up finding one around the block.  We unloaded what we could carry and walked to our Hostel and stepped inside.  What a different experience this was but I was excited to start our adventure.   

The commons room had sofas, tables and chairs for everyone to linger around to either work on your laptop, read, play games or just  hang out.  Down the hall and immediately to the right was the bathroom area.  The bathrooms were numbered to match our Bunk, which was 10.  We had a queen bed on the top bunk and our bathroom number was 10; our locker number was 10 as well.   It was definitely inconvenient for me since I had so much photography gear with me but none-the-less, exciting as well. 

We settled in and showered and got dressed to go walk around town.  It was so darned adorable.  I took some macro shots of some beautiful flowers.  We ended up going to the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar first to grab some dinner, which was amazing, and then we moved to wait for the guys to show up.  I was never so excited to see someone as I was them.  OMG, it felt like an eternity that I saw them.  As usual, our greeting were met with hugs and happiness.  After all, I consider them brothers, friends.  

They started their performance at 8:15pm and went until 12:15pm.  The place was jam packed with people dancing, hanging out and enjoying the performance. In between pictures and videos, I did my fair share of dancing. Most people who have gone out with me know how much I love to dance.  

We helped the guys load the bus after their performance, said our good nights and walked back to our Hostel.  We could not find it at first lol.  As I'm crossing the street because we found our way, I had to take off my cowboy boys because my feet hurt.  This cute, drunk girl across the street offers me her shoes and yells "It doesn't cost anything to love someone"  Love it.  This was at 1:30am in the middle of town, and I was drunk myself but not so much that I could not appreciate this.  

Trying not to giggle, we got to our room and went to bed. Me, I went to bed in my jeans and shirt. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment